Why do Programmers listen to Music while coding?

by - 04:36


Hey guys! What’s up? I scrolled through the previous posts of Cruise Africa, and I realized that I haven’t unveiled what I do for a living aside blogging. Or at least the skill I am acquiring. I am a Web designer and developer. YEAH! You know, the number of guys immersing into the profession is overriding the number of women in tech. So, that memorable fact makes me feel unique.
So the issue I want to address today is pretty peculiar. I have noticed that Web developers usually listen to music while they code. Whatever that music genre is, you could easily picture a programmer with a headphone and a laptop.

 I mean, usually, in business enterprises that have nothing to do with music production, silence is preferred to avoid unnecessary deviations from giving your best to your work. But in the world of PHP, JAVASCRIPT and the likes, the case is different. I was disturbed about this particular feature, until I caught myself listening to trap music while coding. HAHAHA! This development propelled me to make a research and inform us about this trend. Clap for me! Ready? GO!

My research made me realize that this boils down to the developer’s psychology. Yeah! It ain’t that simple. According to Sam Howard- a blogger and researcher, It seems that music has an auspicious effect on the efficiency you deliver while programming. So let’s analyze those factors one after the other. 


4 reasons for listening to music while you code

1. As simple as it sounds, music can have a great motivational impact on your performance. A music genre of your choice can assist in completing your project sooner than expected because of the mental ambiance your music creates.



2. Programming ain’t easy at times. The software you are trying to develop serves as a solution to the need of a client. While you are on the business of doing that, debugging problems may have to take place. Now that is very tedious and time consuming. It might deplete your self-motivation. So music keeps you on track and makes you stay focused no matter what. 

3. If you aren’t a freelancer, headphones are having impact on your colleagues too. How? Let’s see. Suppose you are on the bus putting on your headphone. People would scarcely meet you to start up a chit chat. The same goes with programming. As a web developers you might have a deadline to meet up and the restricting time allotted to you is all you‘ve got to make this work. Headphones are the most diplomatic way to save yourself from conversations or annoying co-workers.


4. Now I agree with this last point. Programming as the name implies, is devoid emotional turmoil, tiredness or stress. You have to be 100% concentrated on your project to keep your clientele satisfied. Music soothes the nerves and helps in setting aside problems irrelevant to the killer website you might be designing.

So that’s it folks. Music is vital for the mental welfare of a programmer. No matter the genre, just give it a try and note down the difference in terms of speed and mood while coding. Emm… I have this feeling that I would post a couple of more lifestyle related blog posts for web developers. So programmers, sit back and relax. Cruise Africa is gonna shout out to the world about ….YOU. Aren’t you feeling special already?

You May Also Like

1 comments